Posts

Kanye West has put up ‘Donda’ Ads in Toronto, in an apparent bid to boost his new song’s popularity

Kanye West has escalated his feud with Drake to new heights — literally.

In past month, the Hip Hop legends renewed their long-brewing rivalry after Drake attacked Kanye West on Trippie Redd’s “Betrayal,” to which Ye responded by releasing Drake’s home address on social media, a move that received a Joker-like giggle from the OVO rapper.

Kanye West and Drake are now competing for billboard space, on Drizzy’s home turf.

Kanye West promoted his new album on Wednesday by putting up Donda advertisements all over Downtown Toronto. Kanye’s billboards outnumber and tower above those purchased by Drake to advertise his own upcoming project Certified Lover Boy, which will be released Friday (September 3).

Of course, it’s not unusual for a major label artist to acquire billboard space to promote their newest project. But every move in Kanye West and Drake’s simmering feud seems to have more significance.

For example, earlier this week, Drake appeared to take a planned swipe at Mr. West when he reposted Soulja Boy’s photo on Instagram, which is an odd choice given that Big Draco has spent the bulk of this week taking potshots at Kanye for removing his verse from Donda.

Despite the fact that his backyard is infiltrated by Donda advertisements, Drake’s Certified Lover Boy billboards are certainly not going unnoticed.

DaBaby Reacts to Character Assassination in Wizkid “Essence” Freestyle Video

Despite the fact that he’s looking to put his controversial Rolling Loud Miami speech behind him, DaBaby wants to return to music. On Wednesday (September 1), the Charlotte native returned with his own spin on Wizkid’s popular “Essence” for a rap-heavy remix.

He transforms the track’s texture and tempo with his compact spit-fire rhymes, breaking down the Nigerian singer’s fan-favorite, which has recently become the most Shazamed song in the United States.

He even addresses the criticism he’s received for his homophobic remarks and how he plans to restore himself.

“I just feel like, you know, when situations like this present themselves, man/And people try to, you know, assassinate your character, man/And assassinate who you are, man/And everything you put that hard work in for, man/Sometimes you gotta demonstrate, you know, that’s how I came here,” he says.

DaBaby met with a group of nine HIV organizations from the United States who organized an open letter in order to meet and discuss HIV and hear personal experiences of people living with it. Over 125 organizations joined together to support the statement.

During the meeting, DaBaby apologized for his remarks while organization executives praised him for being willing to listen.

“DaBaby’s willingness to listen, learn, and grow can open the door to an entirely new generation of people to do the same,” said Marnina Miller of the Southern AIDS Coalition.

DaBaby Meets With 9 HIV-Awareness Organizations and ‘Apologizes,’ for Making ‘Inaccurate and Hurtful Comments’

When DaBaby took time away from his Rolling Loud 2021 Miami set to unleash a homophobic diatribe against the LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS communities, he dug himself a hole. After weeks of apologies that were ignored, DaBaby is taking another step in repairing the harm he caused by apologizing again.

On August 31, Variety revealed that DaBaby had met with a group of nine American HIV organizations who sent him an open letter on August 4 demanding that he meet and talk about facts regarding HIV and hear personal stories from individuals living with the disease. Over 125 groups joined together to back the open letter addressed to Grammy-nominated rapper.

“The open letter to DaBaby was our way to extend him the same grace each of us would hope for,” the group wrote in a press release. “Our goal was to ‘call him in instead of calling him out.’ We believed that if he connected with Black leaders living with HIV that a space for community building and healing could be created. We are encouraged he swiftly answered our call and joined us in a meaningful dialogue and a thoughtful, educational meeting.”

Representatives from Black AIDS Institute, Gilead Sciences COMPASS Initiative Coordinating Centers, GLAAD, National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC), The Normal Anomaly Initiative, Positive Women’s Network-USA, Prevention Access Campaign (U=U), the Southern AIDS Coalition, and Transinclusive Group attended.

The organization wrote that DaBaby was “extremely engaged” in the meeting and apologized for his hurtful comments. The group also credited DaBaby’s great respect for others’ stories, as well as his eagerness to listen to them.

“DaBaby’s willingness to listen, learn, and grow can open the door to an entirely new generation of people to do the same,” Marnina Miller of the Southern AIDS Coalition, who participated in the meeting, said.

Despite the fact that DaBaby’s concerts were canceled several times, he would appear on Hot 97’s Summer Jam stage on August 23 and Boosie Badazz’s Boosie Bash five days later.

Kanye West Steals Logo for New Album

Kanye West Steals Logo for New Album

According to Randy Dawkins, the creative director of the fashion label ‘Infinity G8ds’, Kanye West (44) would have stolen their logo for his new album ‘Donda’. The logo can be seen on t-shirts and hoodies, among other things, but does not come from Kanyes. This reports ‘The Daily Beast’.

“As black artists you have to support each other, which has not happened”

The company is run by black entrepreneurs, making Kanyes ‘playing borrowed neighbor’ extra hard. “It’s disappointing. We have nothing against him at all and even think he’s a good artist, but there are a few things wrong in business,” said Randy.

Randy says he was approached at the end of July by Kanye’s personal chef Willie Wallace, with whom he was friends, after which he got to speak to the singer himself. “He said, dude, I absolutely love your design, when can I meet you to talk about this? Then we drove from Miami to Atlanta to talk to him. That conversation was great, we explained to him what we do and he thought that was cool. Then he invited us to dinner together, which was really nice. But we haven’t heard anything since, and not long after that dinner we suddenly saw our logo on his merchandise.”

He continues: “Obviously I misjudged the situation. As black artists you have to support each other, which has not happened. He could also have helped me create some visibility, but that’s not how it works. I am very sorry to be treated this way and others are showing off your work.”

Kanye sold the shirts and hoodies with the ‘stolen’ logo at his listening sessions in Atlanta starting at $85. Spokespersons for the singer declined to comment.

I Was The First Rapper Kim Kardashian, Soulja Boy Tells Kanye West

After his verse was supposedly deleted from Donda, Soulja Boy isn’t letting Kanye West off the hook. On Tuesday (August 31), the 31-year-old rapper uploaded his removed lyrics from “Remote Control” to Instagram with the tag “Fuck Kanye.”

He then took things a step further by posting a flashback photo of himself with Kanye’s soon-to-be ex Kim Kardashian, implying he had previously slept with her — long before “Kimye” became a pop culture allusion. Soulja Boy taking credit for being “the first” at anything is a running gag at this point.

“I was the first rapper with @kimkardashian,” he wrote. “not u @kanye west.”

In February, Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kanye West, just as he was attempting to run for president and had several Twitter drifts. He accused her of sleeping with Meek Mill.

“I wanna play.” Soulja Boy wrote on Instagram after Kardashian posted a series of photos of herself on the tennis court wearing only a bralette and underwear.

However, according to TMZ, all is not lost for the pair. In Chicago on Thursday night (August 26), Kanye brought out Kim in a white wedding gown and they appeared to re-create their “I Dos,” which fueled rumors that they’d gotten back together.

And they might not be entirely out of pocket. For the sake of their four children – Saint, North, Chicago, and Psalm – the pair is said to be “privately” trying to work things out.

Soulja Boy Publishes Another Missing ‘Donda’ Verse, Criticizing Kanye West — Again

Kanye West’s delayed Donda album debuted on Sunday, unexpectedly featuring numerous special guests including JAY-Z, Travis Scott, Lil Durk, and The Weekend. However, some performers who are said to have worked on the 27-track project were left out.

Apart from Chris Brown, who referred to Kanye as a “hoe” for neglecting his contributions, Soulja Boy was apparently cut. Soulja Boy was asked about Donda on Twitter soon after the project went live. He replied, “IDK how to feel, Kanye sent me that song ‘remote control’ and I don’t hear my verse on it…hmm fuck that n-gga.”

On Tuesday, however (August 31), Soulja Boy resurrected the unused verse from his song “Remote Control,” and he fired another shot at G.O.O.D. Music founder Kanye West in a Instagram video clip.

It was shared under the caption, “Here’s my ‘Remote Control’ verse,” “Fuck Kanye #Donda.”

The omission of artists such as Soulja Boy and Chris Brown wasn’t the only thing that angered fans. During Thursday’s (August 26) listening event at Soldier Field in Chicago, listeners noticed Kanye replacing JAY-Z’s verse on “Jail” with one from DaBaby. However, when the album was finished, DaBaby’s lyrics was missing.

According to Bu Thaim, Kanye’s manager, the line was never authorized by Arnold Taylor, DaBaby’s manager, which he flatly denied on Instagram.

“This is CAP,” he wrote. “I woke up this morning to this social media bullshit. I never got a call or email from @kanyewest @__bu @johnmonopoly I just received it today and Cleared it in 2 seconds.

Then, according to Kanye, Universal released the album without his consent and blocked DaBaby’s verse.

1

Trippie Redd Confesses He Completely Missed Drake’s Kanye West ‘Betrayal’ Shots

Trippie Redd was recently on an interview with Big Boy’s Neighborhood and during the interview he made a surprising admission.

According to Trippie Redd, he had no idea that Drake was dissing Kanye West on the song “Betrayal,” which premiered earlier this month on Trippie Redd’s Trip At Knight album.

“I thought he was talking about a strap or something, forty-five, forty-four,” he says. “I didn’t know what he was talking about. It is what it is.”

The statement that seemed to rouse up Drake and Kanye’s 2018 beef from its slumber was, “All these fools I’m beefin’ that I barely know/Forty-five, forty-four (Burned out), let it go/Ye ain’t changin’ shit for me, it’s set in stone,” a reference to their album release dates.

In response, Kanye West posted an image of Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker in the discussion, then added Pusha T, a long-time adversary of Drake.

“I live for this,” he wrote in the since-deleted post. “I’ve been fucked with by nerd ass jock n-ggas like you my whole life. You will never recover. I promise you.”

The release of Kanye West’s Donda album on streaming services on Sunday (August 29) ended the dispute as to who would drop their projects first. On Monday (August 30), Drake revealed that his long-awaited sequel to 2018’s Scorpion album, Certified Lover Boy, will be released Friday (September 3).

In terms of high-profile debuts, Kendrick Lamar is next in line. On August 20, the renowned MC appeared to start his album rollout when he revealed that his next studio project would be his last for Top Dawg Entertainment.

Jennifer Lopez’s Mother Featured in Ben Affleck Commercial

Although Hollywood stars Ben Affleck (49) and Jennifer Lopez (52) have only just got back together, Jennifer’s mother Guadalupe (Lupe) Rodríguez has already completely embraced her son-in-law. The two can be seen together in a commercial for an American app.

According to entertainment website E! online , the commercial is the ultimate proof that Ben and Jennifer Lopez want to merge their families. From about the first minute, Lupe can be seen running around a casino, which Ben has just passed by. Even Nine Perfect Stranger -acteur Melvin Gregg and professional basketball player Shaquille O’Neal are shown in the advertisement.

Ben and Jennifer have been back together for several months after getting engaged in 2002. Due to the enormous media pressure on the couple at the time, the marriage fell through and they parted ways in 2004.

This time Ben doesn’t want to let go of it, he was spotted with Jennifer Lopez’s mother. The star was seen holding a note with clues to a certain ring, which could indicate a future marriage proposal . Whether that is actually true remains to be seen.

Kanye West’s New Album Hits #1 on Apple Music

The long-awaited new album ‘Donda’ by Kanye West (44), which was launched on Sunday, has immediately been noted as the highest entry at Apple Music. ‘Donda’ reached the number 1 position in 152 countries within 24 hours. Also on Spotify, it was the most streamed album so far in 2021. In addition, the record, named after Kanye’s late mother, was streamed 60 million times in the United States.

The singer held three listening sessions prior to the release of his new album: two in Atlanta and one in Chicago. During that last session, the singer brought the controversial Marilyn Manson and DaBaby on stage, something that was not appreciated by all his fans. Manson is under fire for multiple sexual abuse charges filed against him and DaBaby recently slammed out highly homophobic lyrics at one of his concerts.

The singer announced on Sunday that the record was released by the record company Universal without his permission. Universal also allegedly kept the song ‘Jail pt 2’ with DaBaby off the record without his knowledge. The record company contradicts this, calling his words “absurd.”

Donda is West’s tenth studio album and the follow-up to the 2019 gospel album Jesus Is King.

Alleged Male Victim of R. Kelly Testifies in Court

After several women have told their story about R. Kelly (54), the first alleged male victim of the singer was now in court to make a statement. The witness believes that he was exploited by Kelly as a minor student. This is reported by The New York Times.

“He then told me to keep this incident between the two of us”

The man, whose identity has remained anonymous, says Kelly placated him in 2007 with promises to help him with his music career after they met at a McDonald’s branch.

“He asked me what it took me to succeed in the entertainment industry, to which I replied that I would do anything for him from carrying his bags to other chores. But he didn’t mean that, because then he asked me if I ever fantasized about having sex with a man. Then he knelt in front of me to give me oral sex, which I didn’t want to do. He then told me to keep this incident between the two of us.”

It didn’t stop there, because during a meeting the singer subsequently summoned a young naked girl to provide both him and the underage boy with oral sex. When asked why the alleged victim kept seeing Kelly despite everything, he replied: “Because I really wanted to make it in the industry and kept hoping he could help me.”

Kelly has always denied all allegations against him.

DON’T MISS A BEAT

Be the first to know when our Urban Hotties is released.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

© Copyright – 2021 The Urban Spotlight –  All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy   Terms of Service | Find us On